The Essentials of Sourcing Fiber
Developed by The Sustainable Packaging Coalition®
The Essentials of Sourcing Fiber provides a robust introduction to Responsible Forest Management strategies and the most important considerations for sourcing both virgin and recycled content responsibly.
The course highlights the environmental and social considerations for healthy working forests and gives a birds-eye view of the challenges facing fiber procurement today, including both domestic and international issues. The Essentials of Sourcing Fiber course then outlines considerations for integrating recycled feedstock, as well as forest management and chain-of-custody certifications for virgin fiber.
Showcasing corporate strategies for marrying recycled and virgin fiber procurement, this course highlights ways to approach setting goals around sourcing fiber and how to communicate sustainable fiber sourcing on-package.
- Responsible Forest Management – Strategies and practices
- Forest Certification – Tools for sourcing fiber
- Recycled Fiber – Critical components to fiber procurement
Course Length: 60 minutes
After taking this course, the Learner will be able to:
- Recognize the principles of Responsible Forest Management
- Define Forest Management Certification and Chain of Custody Certification
- Evaluate the tradeoffs associated between recycled fiber and virgin fiber
What Learners are saying:
- I really enjoyed this video. It is super applicable to packaging!
- This was a great overview.
- Overall, a good course with good content.
- I really enjoyed this video. It is super applicable.
- I like that the course described … different certification organizations. It is clear there is no “single best answer.” The course encourages a combination of solutions, even non-certified options, to meet goals.
The Essentials of Sourcing Fiber is included in the online subscription to The Essentials of Sustainable Packaging.