The Sustainable Packaging Coalition is a membership-based collaborative that believes in the power of industry to make packaging more sustainable. We are the leading voice on sustainable packaging and we are passionate about creating packaging that is good for people + the environment.
The Sustainable Packaging Coalition envisions a world where all packaging is...
Optimized for Efficiency
The foundation of the Sustainable Packaging Coalition’s work is based on the principles of collaboration, education, and action. Using an objective lifecycle-based approach, we work in a constructive atmosphere to provide thought leadership and bring our members together to strengthen and advance the business case for more sustainable packaging. So how do we define sustainable packaging?
Is beneficial, safe, and healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle
Meets market criteria for both performance and cost
- Is sourced, manufactured, transported, and recycled using renewable energy
- Optimizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials
- Is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices
- Is made from materials that are healthy throughout the life cycle
- Is physically designed to optimize materials and energy
- Is effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial closed loop cycles
Download the full version.
The SPC is guided by a member-elected Executive Committee that serve as advisors to staff.
About our parent nonprofit, GreenBlue
The Sustainable Packaging Coalition is a trademark project of GreenBlue Org. GreenBlue is a Charlottesville, VA-based environmental nonprofit dedicated to the sustainable use of materials in society. We bring together key stakeholders to encourage innovation and best practices to promote the creation of a more sustainable materials economy.
Visit the GreenBlue website for more information about the organization and other projects.