SPC Impact 2020
Mar 31, 2020 - Apr 2, 2020 Austin, Texas
The traditional purpose of corporations making business, advancing the economy, producing goods or services and generating profit is being reevaluated in light of the complex challenges of climate change. The urgency to address major environmental sustainability issues such as depletion of resources and marine pollution has increased, along with hyper consumer awareness.
Sustainable packaging is an immensely important challenge and an area of great innovation.
SPC Impact 2020 will find packaging’s place in this big jigsaw puzzle, addressing its important role, beyond corporate, brand and customer initiatives.
Amidst a sea of announcements, goal setting of sustainability targets, this session will zero in on a selection of companies, organizations and forerunners making deliberate and intentional efforts to change fundamental practices.
Think Globally, Act Locally
Austin is a hub for progressive thinking, bold initiatives, technology innovations and environmental trailblazers that operate both local and on a global scale. What’s happening in Austin and how the contributions local stakeholders and organizations are making in regards to social investment; rethinking value from waste & recycled materials; startups and technology leaders working on hyperscaling sustainable supply chains will be shared in this inspiring session.
SPC Impact 2020 is the flagship spring event from the Sustainable Packaging Coalition. With the backdrop of the beautiful University of Texas Austin, event attendees will immerse in 3 days of the latest on sustainable packaging topics like:
- Tilting the Balance for Reusable Packaging
- Key Partnerships in Technology Development: How Petrochemical Companies are Key to Making Chemical Recycling Circular
- The Next Frontier: Carbon and Climate Positive Packaging
- The Next Generation: Challenging the status quo in the sustainable packaging industry
- Targeting the Tube
- Finding Common Ground in Paper and Plastic
- Balancing your Packaging Strategy: When are Bioplastics the Right Materials for your Package
- Digital Print in Packaging and its implications for Sustainable Packaging
- Sustainable Packaging Uprising in the Fashion Industry
- Film Recovery, Current and Changing Landscape in Policy and Market Needs
- Technology, Forests, and Climate Change
- From Farm to Shelf
- Redefining Recycled Content with Innovative Solutions in a world of Chemical Recycling
- Completing the package: Inks, Adhesives and Coatings
- Faster, Better, Easier: at the Intersection of Convenience, Sustainability and Tech in Food Delivery
- The Latest Trend: Sustainability in Polybags for the Fashion and Apparel Industry
- The State of Recovery in the Great State of Texas
Plus, a lot more sessions, panels, tours, masterclasses, ideas lab, workshops, working groups, evening social events and deep dive sessions.
AT&T Hotel and Conference Center
Our room block at the AT&T is nearly full. We have limited rooms available so please don't delay to book!
The AT&T Hotel and Conference Center is a contemporary, convenient and chic Austin hotel, conveniently located near University of Texas (UT). Our room rate is $229 plus tax. The cutoff date for booking a room is March 9, 2020.
Questions about the event?
A $200 registration late fee will kick in on Saturday, March 7th for all registrations. Register by Friday, March 6th for the best deal.
Registrations for SPC Impact 2020 are non-refundable. However, if you register but are unable to attend, we are happy to transfer your registration to a colleague.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make changes to your registration.