SPC Advance 2019
The Member Event
Oct 7, 2019 - Oct 9, 2019 Denver, CO
SPC Advance: The Member Event
2019 Theme: New Packaging Paradigms
Systemic changes are needed to transform food production and consumption to make a significant positive environmental impact. How will we eat in the future? How are the delivery mechanisms changing? How does the packaging user experience, perception and performance needs to evolve to meet new paradigms?
At SPC Advance 2019 we will kick off the event by analyzing new ways of thinking about packaging design for better and more sustainable ways of living.
Hear from SPC member companies working together to advance sustainable packaging at our new Collaboration Ignite Talks.
Some of Tuesday our sessions will include:
- The New R’s for Sustainable Containers Systems: Returnable, Reusable and Refillable
- How2Recycle Store Drop-Off Film Study: The Next Phase
- What is the role of Forest Products in the Bioeconomy?
- Biological and Chemical Recycling
- Advancing Policy: How Do we Move from Polarizing Views to Creating a Path Forward?
- Managing Contamination at Closed Loop Venues in Colorado, A Panel Conversation
- Labeling in Compostable Packaging: how to curtail Look Alikes and Inform Consumers and Brands Better to Help Municipalities and Composters Be on Board?
- Chemical Recycling and Transformation Technologies
- Disruptors in Recovery, Collection, Circularity and Upcycling
Collection & Recovery
Colorado recyclers have a big problem — end markets can be very far away from local recyclers. At the SPC Advance session A Regional Outlook of Recycling and Composting Infrastructure we will hear about the regional stakeholders on their end markets development strategies and how brands can participate in these efforts.
Deep Dive Sessions & Workshops on:
- Sustainable Packaging Considerations for Polybags in Apparel: How do We Get Products from A to Z Safely?
- Packaging in the Outdoor Retailer Industry: Small Steps Lead to Big Changes
- New Sustainable Food Consumption Models
- Essentials of Sustainable Packaging: Ocean Plastics
- Essentials of Sustainable Packaging: Material Health
Explore the Denver Area
SPC Advance attendees will get the chance to visit Colorado’s great examples of sustainability, recovery and leading breweries such as New Belgium Brewing and Molson Coors Golden Brewery; the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL); see AMP Robotics’ facility in person; visit the Boulder County Recycling Center and the Eco-cycle’s Center for Hard to Recycle Materials as well as to learn more about the work led by A1 Organics and Alpine Waste & Recycling.
Hilton Denver City Center
In vibrant downtown Denver, this polished hotel is a 15-minute walk from shops and dining at the historical Larimer Square, and 1 mile from Union train station.
Our hotel room block will fill up quickly, book your ticket today.
Want to Attend But Not An SPC Member?
SPC Advance is a members-only event, so if you have been considering membership now is the time to apply! In addition to complimentary attendance to SPC’s two annual conferences (SPC Impact + SPC Advance), members enjoy the following:
- Free access to our member directory, published reports, webinars, technical guides, and reports
- Access to participation in the Industry Leadership Committees on specific topics
- Networking and collaboration opportunities with other companies in the Coalition
- Discounted attendance to additional SPC Events (for example SPC Engage US and London)
- Access to the expertise of the SPC staff
See membership rates and apply today on our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Plans changed? We get it.
We’re kind of perfectionists. We want to make sure no food goes to waste or chairs go empty. If your plans have changed since you registered, please email us at email@example.com by September 23rd, 2019.
Paid registrations may receive a refund minus an $150 admin fee if requested by September 23rd, 2019. Tickets may be transferred to a colleague at the registrant’s company at no cost.