SPC Advance 2019
The Member Event
Oct 7, 2019 - Oct 9, 2019 Denver, CO
SPC Advance: The Member Event
2019 Theme: New Packaging Paradigms
Systemic changes are needed to transform food production and consumption to make a significant positive environmental impact. How will we eat in the future? How are the delivery mechanisms changing? How does packaging change to meet evolving sustainability considerations?
At SPC Advance 2019 we will kick off the event by analyzing new ways of thinking about packaging design for better and more sustainable ways of living.
Hear from SPC member companies working together to advance sustainable packaging at our new Collaboration Ignite Talks.
Some of Tuesday our sessions will include:
- The New R’s for Sustainable Containers Systems: Returnable, Reusable and Refillable
- Looking For the Paper Option?
- What is the role of Forest Products in the Bio-economy?
- The Resurgence of the Can: How Innovation and Recovery Uptake are making it the package of choice
- Biological and Chemical Recycling
- Building Unexpected Alliances to Create Meaningful Change
- Managing Contamination at Closed Loop Venues in Colorado
- Do’s and Don’ts of Labelling Your Compostable Packaging
- Principles for Making Technology Human
- Disruptors in Recovery, Collection, Circularity and Upcycling
Collection & Recovery
Colorado recyclers have a big problem — end markets can be very far away from local recyclers. At the SPC Advance session A Regional Outlook of Recycling and Composting Infrastructure we will hear about the regional stakeholders on their end markets development strategies and how brands can participate in these efforts.
Deep Dive Sessions & Workshops on:
- Sustainable Packaging Considerations for Polybags in Apparel: How do We Get Products from A to Z Safely?
- Designing for Continuous Improvement: Stories from Brands that Shifted their Packaging Ideology for the Right Reasons
- New Sustainable Food Consumption Models
- Essentials of Sustainable Packaging: Ocean Plastics
- Essentials of Sustainable Packaging: Material Health
Explore the Denver Area
SPC Advance attendees will get the chance to visit Colorado’s great examples of sustainability, recovery and leading breweries such as New Belgium Brewing and Molson Coors Golden Brewery; the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL); see AMP Robotics’ facility in person; visit the Boulder County Recycling Center and the Eco-cycle’s Center for Hard to Recycle Materials as well as to learn more about the work led by A1 Organics and Alpine Waste & Recycling.
We are partnering with NativeEnergy to offset the carbon emissions of this event
SPC is happy to partner with NativeEnergy, a certified B Corp specializing in impact investments, carbon offsets, and building new, community-scale renewable energy.We will be offsetting the carbon produced through attendee travel and event production through two projects. One renewable energy project and another project just 2 hours outside of Denver.
About NativeEnergy’s Jagers Ranch Project
Grasslands store 1/3 of the Earth’s carbon, yet in the U.S., one million acres of grasslands are lost each year to cropland or development. We have lost half of our grassland carbon reservoirs, releasing 60-70% of the carbon they once held in their soils and root systems. Jagers Ranch in southeastern Colorado is facing this threat. Its soils are suitable for winter wheat, milo, sorghum, alfalfa, and other row crops and rental rates for farming are 5x higher than for pastureland in the county. To prevent this, NativeEnergy will enable Southern Plains Land Trust to acquire and conserve this land. SPLT is a local organization working to preserve shortgrass prairie.
“NativeEnergy’s unique investment structure provides finance early, when we need it most, enabling us to purchase Jagers Ranch and accelerate our ability to conserve shortgrass prairie through Colorado,” explains Nicole Rosmarino, executive director of SPLT. A permanent conservation easement will preserve the land, avoid conversion to farming or development and prevent an estimated 190,000 tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere over the next 50 years.
Hilton Denver City Center
While our special room rate cut off was September 13th, the venue may still have some rooms available. Please contact the hotel directly for availability.
Want to Attend But Not An SPC Member?
SPC Advance is a members-only event, so if you have been considering membership now is the time to apply! In addition to complimentary attendance to SPC’s two annual conferences (SPC Impact + SPC Advance), members enjoy the following:
- Free access to our member directory, published reports, webinars, technical guides, and reports
- Access to participation in the Industry Leadership Committees on specific topics
- Networking and collaboration opportunities with other companies in the Coalition
- Discounted attendance to additional SPC Events (for example SPC Engage US and London)
- Access to the expertise of the SPC staff
See membership rates and apply today on our website or email email@example.com to learn more.
A $175 registration late fee will kick in on Monday, September 23rd for all registrations. Register by Sunday, September 22nd at 11:59 pm for the best deal.
Plans changed? We get it.
We’re kind of perfectionists. We want to make sure no food goes to waste or chairs go empty. If your plans have changed since you registered, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23rd, 2019.
Paid registrations may receive a refund minus an $150 admin fee if requested by September 23rd, 2019. Tickets may be transferred to a colleague at the registrant’s company at no cost.
Tours and add-on activity purchases cannot be refunded, but we can transfer your spot to a colleague.