As the Forestry Certification Manager for Sappi North America (Sappi NA), Rebecca:
- Manages Sappi NA’s FSC, SFI and PEFC Chain-of-Custody (CoC) certificates, FSC Controlled Wood Certificate, and SFI Fiber Sourcing Certificate;
- Provides training, support and strategic direction to Sappi staff on certification-related matters;
- Promotes inclusive certification approaches to internal and external audiences;
- Collaborates with partners for purposes of growing certification and increasing market demand for certified products; and
- Assists communication/marketing/sales staff in promoting Sappi NA’s strong sustainability story.
Rebecca also serves on the Society of American Foresters (SAF) National Policy Committee.
Prior to January of 2018, Rebecca served as the National Forestry Programs Manager for the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF). In that role, Rebecca provided spearheaded NWTF’s forestry outreach and partnership efforts; provided strategic direction to NWTF staff and partners; served as point person on forestry-related policy matters; and promoted active forest management as a sustainable means to achieve ecological, economic and societal objectives. Rebecca represented NWTF on the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, Inc. (SFI) External Review Panel (2013-2017), North American Forest Partnership (NAFP), National Prescribed Fire Alliance, and the American Forest Foundation’s Woodlands Operating Committee.
Prior to her role with NWTF, Rebecca served as the Forest Certification Coordinator for the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR), which involved managing dual SFI and FSC certification on 5 million acres of state-administered forestlands.
Rebecca has a Bachelor of Science degree in Forest Ecosystem Restoration and Management from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and a Master’s in Business and Administration.
Sep 27th, 2018
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm
Salon A-B, 4th floor