Senior Packaging Engineer, Danone North America
Carolyn Klindt is a Senior Packaging Engineer of Research & Innovation for Danone North America, a top 15 food and beverage company in the U.S. and the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world. Carolyn leads packaging development for two plant-based brands, Silk® and So Delicious® Dairy Free, where she helps to design and commercialize new packaging. Carolyn is also highly involved in helping to accelerate the transition from a linear to a circular approach to product packaging, where packaging that is made is reused or recycled continuously.
Prior to joining Danone North America, Carolyn led packaging development in similar capacities for WhiteWave Foods, Dean Foods and ConAgra Foods across a multitude of food and beverage brands over the span of 10 years. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Packaging from Michigan State University and recently completed her MBA at the University of Denver.
Why do you want to serve on the SPC Executive Committee?
I’d like to serve on the SPC Executive Committee for these reasons:
– I truly believe in the mission of the SPC and want to help further their work in the industry.
– My company, Danone, is doing some amazing work internally surrounding packaging sustainability. I’d like to share what we are doing and learn from others in the industry so that we all ultimately can work together to drive change.
– Because Danone is a top 10 food & beverage company, we have a lot of influence and resources that I believe we can leverage.
– I’d like to expand my network, so that I can be more connected within the sustainability world – this will help me in my work as a ‘sustainability champion’ for my company.
– I’m relatively new to all that sustainability entails, but am a seasoned packaging engineer… I hope to be able to learn and grow as part of this position.
I truly am interested in serving and believe it would be an amazing opportunity. I hope you will consider me for the position! Thank you!
Apr 4th, 2019
8:30 am - 10:15 am
Fifth Avenue, 4th Floor