As part of Innovation Forum’s sustainable plastics series, they are running a forum in Amsterdam on the 16th-17th October 2018 – How business can tackle plastic pollution
This two-day, multi-stakeholder forum will bring together the business community, government, innovators and NGOs. It aims to take a practical and realistic look at the steps business can take to improve practices and eradicate plastic pollution in the environment.
Some core themes throughout the conference will include:
- Single use plastics: Practical solutions to the future of single use plastic
- Innovations in product design: Examples of successfully working with design, R&D and recyclers to make product design and plastics recycling effective
- Government engagement: How can business talk to national, regional and municipal governments about joining up approaches?
- Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration… How can we overcome the barriers to collaboration, and ensure successful partnerships at scale
- Circular business models: Will plastics hysteria be the kick the circular economy needs to succeed?
- Unintended consequences: How business, NGOs, media and government can work together to prevent the unintended environmental consequences around removing plastics
- Emerging legislation: In-depth guidance to what different governments are doing now, and what new laws will be put in place that will require change and action
- Myth-busting with consumers: How to help consumers understand the nuances of the plastics debate – and what your company is doing about it
Already confirmed to attend include professionals from Coca-Cola, Mars, Ocado, PepsiCo, Plastics Europe, Werner & Mertz, Whitbread, Selfridges, Interface, Corbion, Innocent, Coop, Ecover, Greenpeace, Suez and many more.
Download the event brochure:
SPC Project Manager Tristanne Davis will be speaking at this event