This committee’s mission is to:
- Bring together stakeholders in the space to address challenges and opportunities
- Develop a guidance document for sustainable cold chain packaging
- Use this foundation to identify opportunities for innovation
- Facilitate an ongoing conversation about what sustainability and innovation in cold chain packaging would look like
- Apply the SPC methodology of providing sustainability guidance with a material neutral, science-based, pragmatic, and objective approach.
The Cold Chain Packaging Working Group is dedicated to evaluating a constructive and actionable set of considerations, rather than choosing one material type over another.
SPC team lead:
Adam Gendell, Associate Director
Caroline Cox, Project Manager
Quint Marini, UPS
Amy House, Coldkeepers
Cold chain packaging is experiencing rapid growth due to the increasing popularity of meal kits and pharmaceuticals that require temperature control during shipping. While embracing these products, consumers and some stakeholder groups have voiced their concerns about the amount of waste, lack of recycling options, and potentially harmful materials included in their packaging.
Recognizing this is an issue for continued growth of products that rely on cold chain packaging, stakeholders across this supply chain feel there is an immediate need to help educate the marketplace on what sustainable cold chain packaging looks like and where there are opportunities for innovation.
Are you a current SPC member who wants to join the committee? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Not an SPC member yet? Become a member by applying today.