- Paul Comey, Vice President, Environmental Affairs, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- Jeff Wooster, Global Sustainability Leader, Dow Chemical Company
- Lindsay Beck, Senior Packging Engineer, Sustainability, ConAgra Foods
- Tim Buwalda, Project Manager, SAIC Energy, Environment, & Infrastructure, LLC
- George Fickau, Manager of Sustainable Packaging, cei (Coating Excellence International)
- Suzanne Fisher, Director of Sustainable Packaging, Pratt Industries
- Holly Hansen, Vice President, Technical Services, Heritage Plastics
- Amanda Holder, Sustainable Packaging & Resin Supervisor, Berry Plastics
- Kate Johnson, Process Engineer, ConAgra Foods
- Dale Nutter, Lead Researcher, Paper Science Group, MWV
- Mike Pope, National Director, Sonoco Sustainability Solutions, Sonoco Products Company
- Bob Stolmeier, Business Development Manager, Zippack, ITW
- James Taylor, Business Development Manager, Printpack, Inc.
The group sees that recovery of energy from used packaging offers the potential to increase diversion from landfills, help meet energy resource needs, and provide an end-of-life option that is complementary to mechanical recycling and composting.
The group’s objectives are to provide education to SPC members and other interested groups and identify opportunities and recommendations for energy recovery of production by-products and non-recycled industrial and consumer packaging.