Design Guidelines for Sustainable Packaging
The SPC has released a design guidance resource for packaging designers and developers. It provides a framework for sustainable packaging design while outlining various design strategies and reference materials.
The complete 104-page report:
- Provides education on elements of sustainability as they relate to packaging, while helping to bring them into the mainstream of packaging development.
- Designed to be flexible and adaptable to both designers' needs and the standards of a diverse industry.
- Includes issues beyond simple compliance, and illustrates how sustainability and environmental considerations are part of the packaging design process.
- Provides an overview of sustainability and the SPC's Definition of Sustainable Packaging.
- Include various design strategy sections:
- Design sustainability
- Design for transport
- Design for environmental best practices
- Design for fair labor and trade practices
- Design for renewable virgin materials
- Design for reuse
- Design for recycling
- Design for composting
This resource is available for free to SPC member companies. Download
This resource is available for non-members for $35.00. Purchase