What is COMPASS?
COMPASS (Comparative Packaging Assessment) is an online
streamlined life cycle assessment (LCA) solution tailored for packaging design
evaluations. COMPASS puts the power of LCA in the hands of design professionals
so that key environmental performance criteria can be easily incorporated into
the concept development and material selection steps.
COMPASS provides consistently modeled data sets for materials and processes for packaging to allow reliable apples to apples comparisons of multiple scenarios. Currently supported regions are USA, Canada, Europe, China, and Mexico. Additional regions are in the pipeline.
In addition, regionalized solid waste modeling provides a waste profile of each scenario to help understand the end of life (EoL) implications of packaging designs.
How can COMPASS enable the design process
- Quick what-if scenario playing to get guidance on which option works best for your company
- Side by side comparison of up to four alternatives simultaneously
- Benchmark environmental profile of existing portfolio
- Generate life cycle impact data for key metrics
- Understand the solid waste profile of a proposed package prior to market entry
- Track changes and communicate with stakeholders and B2B reporting
COMPASS provides information on:
Life Cycle MetricsCONSUMPTION METRICS
- Fossil Fuel
- Biotic Resource
- Greenhouse Gas
- Clean Production: Human Impacts
- Clean Production: Aquatic Toxicity
- Recycled vs. Virgin Content
- Percent of Source Certified Material
- Solid Waste
Life Cycle Phases
- Material Manufacture
- End of Life
| || |
Why choose COMPASS?
COMPASS was developed via a collaborative process that was informed by industry needs assessment, input from packaging experts, LCA experts, academia, and the U.S. EPA. COMPASS data are verified by third party and by prominent brand owner companies. See testimonials
from some of the companies that use COMPASS.
COMPASS is part of a broad sustainability platform that empowers
operationalize their corporate sustainability goals.
The EcoImpact platform enables mainstreaming of your susta
flexible product + package LCA analysis enabling a systems appro
Advanced sustainability SCOREing
Enable template based Supply Chain scoring
Fully integrate into your work processes and IT systems.
COMPASS is part of a broad sustainability platform that empowers companies to operationalize their corporate sustainability goals.
platform enables mainstreaming of your sustainability strategy:
- Flexible product + package LCA analysis enabling a systems approach.
- Advanced sustainability SCOREing
- Enable template based Supply Chain scoring
- Fully integrate into your work processes and IT systems.